Natural Treatment Of Diabetes Mellitus
About Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes mellitus, also known as diabetes, is a disorder of carbohydrate metabolism that
causes high blood sugar. The insulin hormone moves sugar from the blood into your cells to be stored or used for energy. For diabetes, your body does not produce
enough insulin to meet its needs. Unrestricted high blood sugar from diabetes can damage your nerves, eyes, kidneys, and other organs.
Types of Diabetes Mellitus
There are a few different types of diabetes:
- Type 1 Diabetes: It is an autoimmune disease. It occurs when
immune system attacks and destroys insulin-producing cells of the pancreas. About 10 percent of people with diabetes have this type.
- Type 2 Diabetes: It occurs when pancreas doesn't produce enough
insulin or the insulin does not work properly. Nine out of 10 people have type 2 diabetes. This type of
diabetes can happen in people who are over 40 years old.
- Prediabetes: It occurs due to high blood sugar.
- Gestational Diabetes: It happens when blood sugar is higher than
normal, during pregnancy. Insulin-blocking hormones produced by the placenta cause this type of diabetes.
What Are The Causes Of Diabetes Mellitus?
The causes of diabetes are unknown. The following causes may increase your chance of getting diabetes:
- Family history of diabetes
- Being overweight
- African-American, Hispanic, Native American, or Asian-American race, Pacific
Islander or ethnic background
- Physical stress (such as surgery or illness)
- Injury to the pancreas (such as infection, tumor, surgery or accident)
- Use of certain medications, including steroids
- Autoimmune disease
- Abnormal blood cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- High blood pressure
- Age (risk increases with age)
- History of gestational diabetes
Sign And Symptoms Of The Diabetes Mellitus
Symptoms of Diabetes vary depending your blood sugar level. Initially, there is no symptoms for type 2 diabetes. For type 1 diabetes symptoms come on quickly and be
Some of the signs and symptoms of type 1 and type 2 diabetes are:
- Dry and itchy skin
- Feeling thirsty
- Extreme hunger
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Unexplained weight loss
- Weak, tired feeling
- Blurred vision
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Slow-healing sores
What Are The Risk Factors For Diabetes Mellitus?
Risk factors for diabetes depend on the type of diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes
Although the exact cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown, factors that may signal an increased risk include:
- Family history. You’re more likely to get type 1 diabetes if your parents or
sibling has type 1 diabetes.
- Environmental factors. Contact with viral illness ikely play some role in type 1
- Geography. Certain countries, such as Finland and Sweden, have higher rates of
type 1 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes
Your risk for type 2 diabetes increases if you:
- Weight. The more weight you have, the more resistant your cells become to
- Age. As you getting older, your risk of type 2 diabetes increases. But type 2
diabetes symptoms aslo found in children, adolescents and younger adults.
- Gestational diabetes.If you develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy or if
you gave birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds, your risk of type 2 diabetes increase also.
- Family history. Your risk increases if a parent or sibling has type 2
- Polycystic ovary syndrome. For women, having polycystic ovary syndrome — a common
condition characterized by irregular menstrual periods, excess hair growth and obesity — increases the risk of diabetes.
What Are The Complications Of The Diabetes Mellitus?
High blood sugar damages organs and tissues throughout your body. The higher your blood sugar is and the longer you live with it, the greater your risk for
Complications associated with diabetes include:
- Heart disease, heart attack, and stroke
- Loss of Hear
- Retinopathy and vision loss
- Foot damage such as infections and sores that don’t heal
- Skin conditions such as bacterial and fungal infections
Uncontrolled gestational diabetes can lead to problems that affect both the mother and baby. Complications affecting the baby can include:
- Premature birth
- Higher-than-normal weight at birth
- Increased risk for type 2 diabetes later in life
- Low blood sugar
Herbal Remedies For Diabetes Mellitus By Dhanvantary
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies for the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the
principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and
preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.