Home Remedies for Cracked Lips
"Cracked lips" is also known as the Chapped lips. This makes the appearance extremely unattractive and painful. Allergy, dehydration, deficiency of vitamins, smoking, exposure to extreme weather and sun, too much licking the lips can result in the formation of the cracked lips.
Major Signs of Cracked Lips
Some of the major symptoms of cracked lips are given below.
- Sore lips
Useful Home Remedies
- Aloe Vera Gel
- It has a lot of medicinal properties.
- Applying some amount of the gel provides relief from the pain, tenderness and sore lips.
- It is yet another effective home remedy.
- Sugar brings back the natural softness of the lips by exfoliating the dead cells from the cracked lips.
- Make a paste using 2 tsp of sugar with a tsp of honey.
- Apply the paste on the cracked lips and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rub the paste on the lips gently to remove the dead cells.
- Wash it off with water.
- Honey has anti-bacterial and healing characteristics.
- It works as a wonderful moisturizer, which helps to soften the lips.
- Applying pure honey on the cracked lips many times in a day helps to treat the condition effectively.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil protects the lips from the extremes of temperature like extreme dryness or coldness.
- Just apply some amount of coconut oil on the cracked lips and keep them moist and soft.
- Milk Cream
- The milk cream contains a lot of fat, which acts as a wonderful moisturizer.
- Applying fresh milk cream on the lips and leaving for approximately 10 minutes and then washing it off with lukewarm water is a wonderful home remedy for cracked lips.
- This helps to get rid of the problem effectively.
- Cracked lips may also be the result of dehydration. So, drink a plenty of water to keep the body hydrated.
- This helps to get rid of the toxic substances from the body, thereby getting rid of the cracked lips.
Tips for Prevent Cracked Lips
People often do not notice how much they touch or play with their lips — they tend to lick, chew, and even pull on their lips without even thinking about it./p>
These habits can worsen if the skin on the lips is unusually dry./p>
While it may be hard to resist peeling dry, flaky skin from the lips, people run the risk of removing healthy skin in the process. This can prolong healing times and even cause bleeding.
An individual can prevent chapped lips by:
- using products that contain sunscreen
- avoiding scented or flavored lip products
- avoiding lip products that contain known allergens
- exfoliating regularly
- staying hydrated
- quitting smoking