Home Remedies to Reduce Cholesterol Level
Cholesterol is a yellowish, fatty substance, which is one of the essential ingredients of the body. Every person with high cholesterol level is vulnerable to stroke and heart attack. Cholesterol is generally measured in mgs per 100 ml of blood. It occurs with lipids in the bodies, known as the lipoproteins, which are mainly of two types – low density lipids (LDL) and high density lipids (HDL). The higher the ratio of LDL to cholesterol in the body; more is the risk of the damage of the arteries and chance of heart disorders. But, the presence of HDL in the body reduces the risk of cardiac disorders considerably.
Increase in the cholesterol level in the body is known as Hypercholesterolaemia.
Hypercholesterolaemia is caused due to several factors:
- Excessive consumption of milk and dairy products like butter, ghee, ice cream, cheese.
- Too much consumption of red meat, white flour, eggs
- Irregular smoking and drug addiction
Home Remedies to Reduce Your Cholesterol Level
- Garlic has many medicinal properties.
- It can cure various cardiac ailments effectively.
- Consume 2 cloves of raw garlic daily in the morning empty stomach.
- You are sure to get effective results.
- Arjun (TERMINALIA ARJUNA)
- Arjun is wonderful herb for all heart problems.
- It helps to improve blood circulation and prevent accumulation of toxins.
- Take powder of Arjun bark powder in 500 quantity and have it with water twice daily after meal.
- Or you can boil fresh bark of Arjun tree in 400 ml of water, drink when 100 ml remains.
- Peepal (FICUSRELIGIOSA)
- The leaves of the Peepal are used in the treatment of heart diseases.
- A decoction can be made with these leaves with water.
- Boil till one fourth remains to drink after straining.
- Practice this home remedy for couple of days.
- It is highly effective inclearing cholesterol and other toxins.
- Ashwagandha (WITHANIASOMNIFERA)
- his is wonderful herb for heart.
- Take 500 mg of Ashwagandha powder (you can get easily at your herbal store)...With glass of plain water daily 2 times.
- This helps to dilate blood vessels and removes toxins out.
- Olive Oil
- It is rich in antioxidants, which help to reduce the LDL and increase the HDL considerably.
- One can use it for daily cooking.