Home Remedies for Underweight
The busy life schedule is the result of the various health related complications. One such problem is Underweight. People, who are underweight are often conscious about their appearance and want to gain weight substantially to look good.
Basic Causes of Underweight
Some of the basic causes are given below:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Low body weight
- Frequent illness due to poor immune system.
- Apart from these, women, who are underweight may also experience irregular periods.
Major Home Remedies for Underweight
To treat this situation, there are several home remedies available.
1. Banana Milk Shake
- This acts as a superb home remedy to treat the situation of underweight.
- It helps to gain a few kilos of weight quite easily and at a faster pace.
- Add small pieces of banana in a glass of milk in a mixer to make banana milk shake.
- Add sugar according to the taste and need.
- Drink it every day.
2. Hot Milk with Honey
- This is yet another way to gain weight.
- Drinking hot milk mixed with 1 tsp of honey everyday work wonders.
3. Milk with Almonds and Dates
- Almonds, dates (without seed) are mixed in milk and boiled.
- Then this milk is consumed, when warm.
- This helps to increase the weight of the individuals to a great extent.
4. White Muesli Powder, Indian Ginseng Root Powder and Pomegranate Seed Powder
- A combination of the above three ingredients in equal proportions with a glass of milk or water act as a superb supplement in gaining weight and toning up muscles as well.
- This should be taken twice daily for about a month to achieve effective results.
- Figs make another excellent home remedy for natural weight gain.
- Soak three dried figs in water and consume twice daily.
- It is recommended that the underweight people shall consume small meals frequently.
- Also, foods shall be consumed considering the calorie that the body can gain from those food products.
Besides diet, regular exercise is absolutely important to maintain a proper health and remain fit