How To Make Healthy Vegetable Salad At Home?
People who eat fruit and vegetables as part of their
daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. All vegetables contain healthful vitamins, minerals, and fiber. However, some stand out for their exceptional
health benefits. Options like broccoli, spinach, tomatoes and garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood! Some individuals benefit more from certain
vegetables than others, depending on their diet, overall health, and nutritional needs.
Not only that, but salads are cool, crunchy, and fun to eat (lots of textures, colors, and flavors). Most people enjoy eating salads--even kids! You can customize
them to include the fruits and vegetables that appeal to you the most, and whichever ones you have on hand.
Ingredients for Healthy Vegetable Salad
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onion, minced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and julienned
- 5 radishes, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons waterAdd all ingredients to list
- Firstly rinse all the veggies. peel and chop the carrots, radish and
- Chop the tomatoes. finely chop the spring onions. take all the veggies in a
- Heat a pan and dry roast all the seeds and nuts till crisp and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients well for the dressing. pour the
dressing in the bowl containing vegetables.
- Toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. sprinkle the roasted
seeds and dry fruits.
- Serve the vegetable salad immediately.
Benefits Of Vegetable Salad
Here are few health benefits of eating vegetable salad:
- Vegetable Salad is a Natural Source of Fiber and is Good for Digestion
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Strengthens your Muscles
- Detoxifies your Body
- Promote Better Eyesight
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Protects the Heart
- It Can Reduce your Cravings
- Helps with the Protection and Development of Strong Bones
- It Can Promote your Hair Growth and Skin Tone
Eating vegetables Salads every day can be a healthy alternative to your standard breakfast. Those garnished with nutritious toppings may offer several benefits,
including improved digestion, disease protection, and weight loss. Research consistently shows that people who eat the most vegetables have the lowest risk of many
diseases, including cancer and heart disease. Fill your bowl with fresh fruits and vegetables, and be sure to include a source of complex carbs, protein, and healthy
fat. If you’re interested in shaking up your breakfast routine, a salad makes for a great morning meal.