Namkeen Daliya Recipe
Dalia has been a part of the Indian cuisine since ages. Namkeen Daliya is a healthy breakfast recipe. This easy-to-make recipe prepared with simple ingredients like
broken wheat, green peas, onion, tomato which can be a treat for your taste bud. One good thing about this dish is that it includes broken wheat and green peas as its
main ingredient which makes this recipe highly nutritious and delicious at the same time. It is a north indian dish which loved by kids and adults. Garnish this recipe
with coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala to make it more enriching. It is perfect to serve on the occasion like kitty party, potluck, picnic or on a
family get-together. So, try out this lip-smacking recipe and serve it to your loved ones.
- 2 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed to paste ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup broken wheat
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt as required
- 1 cup green pea split
- To make this recipe, take a pan and add broken wheat, chopped carrot and peas in
three cups of water. Boil it and keep it aside.
- Next, take a non-stick pan and heat oil in it. Add chopped onion and saute it
until it becomes translucent. Then, add ginger garlic paste to it and fry it for a minute.
- Now, add boiled vegetables and broken wheat mixture along with the salt and
pepper. Mix it well.
- When it is prepared, transfer it to a plate and garnish it with chopped coriander
leaves, red chilli powder and garam masala.
Benefits Of Namkeen Daliya
- Aids in weight loss: Dalia conatins high fibre content. It gives
you a feeling of fullness and you do not indulge in over-eating. Include a bowl of dalia as your morning meal. It will provide you essential nutrients and you will
feel energetic throughout the day.
- Good for your muscles: Yes, this nutritious diet works great for
building muscles. Dalia is a rich source of proteins and if you are one of those who are looking to gain muscle mass, include dalia in your diet. It is loaded with
essential vitamins. Eat a bowl of dalia and increase your protein intake.
- For diabetic patients: Dalia contains complex carbohydrates and
is low in glycemic index. This ensures a steady release of glucose in the blood, which helps in managing blood sugar.
- Increases metabolism: This wholesome food is good for improving
metabolism. It is a whole wheat product which enhances metabolism rate.
- Provides essential nutrients: By providing essential nutrition
to our body, this food is a great source of magnesium.
- Relieves constipation: Dalia is basically wheat with husk.
Naturally, the husk makes this food rich in fibre, which cleanses the intestines and prevents constipation. Dalia with milk or vegetables should be consumed daily for
- A good source of energy: It is a good source of energy. Eat it
after an intense workout session and you will replenish your lost energy.