NATURAL TREATMENT OF HEART DISEASES
ABOUT HEART DISEASES
Heart disease is a disorder that causes the complications like heart attack, heart failure and myocardial infarction. Heart problems are mainly due to high blood pressure, diabetes, intake of alcohol, depression and foods in diet.
CAUSES OF HEART DISEASES
- Heart defects you're born with (congenital heart defects)
- Coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure
- Excessive use of alcohol or caffeine
- Drug abuse
- Some over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, dietary supplements and herbal remedies
- Valvular heart disease
SYMPTOMS OF HEART DISEASES
- There is a discomfort and pain in breastbone, arm and chest.
- Problem of heartburn and indigestion.
- Feeling of drowsiness, vomiting, nausea and sweating.
- Fluctuation in heartbeat.
- Weakness in whole body.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Myocardial infarction may occur in the case of diabetes patients.
- Discomfort in chest, one can feel the heavy pressure in chest.
- There is a swelling in ankles, legs and abdomen.
- Speedy weight gain.
- There is white sputum in cough.
- There is a shortness of breath after normal activities.
- There is a pressure in upper back.
COMPLICATIONS DUE TO HEART DISEASES
- Heart failure -Heart does not pump the blood sufficiently throughout body and then heart failure may occur. Complications which are included like shortness of breath, dizziness and swelling.
- Heart attack- This condition occurs when arteries become so narrow and stop the blood supply to heart. Due to the the deficiency of oxygen in the heart causes the death of heart cells. Various complications may occur which involves are excess chest pain and difficulty in breathing.
- Stroke – Stroke occurs when blood clots are formed which can cause difficulty in speaking, loss of balance, insensibility in one part of body. In this case there is little blood supply to brain. There is a condition may occur named as ischemic stroke. Due to the deficiency of blood , brain tissues start dying
- Pulmonary embolism - This condition is similar to stroke but in this case blockage in blood vessels of lungs despite heart. Due to this there is pain in chest and shortness of breath
- Cardiac arrest – Cardiac arrest occurs when there is a suddenly stop of heart beat. There is a condition named as arrhythmias cause the cardiac arrest if not treated shortly.
- There is a condition named as peripheral artery disease which occurs when arteries stop blood supply to arms and legs. One can feel the excess pain while walking.
- Kidney failure - Due to heart failure, kidney damage can occur. There is the reduction in blood supply due to heart complications which cause the kidney failure.
- Heart Valve problems – Heart valves which help in proper flow of blood in a particular direction. Due to the problem in heart, enlargement of heart occurs which also impaired the functioning of heart valves.
- Liver damage –Liver damage can also occur due to heart failure.
- Aneurysm – This condition occurs when there is an outgrowth in the wall of artery. Due to this complication, there is problem of internal bleeding.
- Due to the impairment of heart functions there is abrupt cardiac arrest can occur. This condition occurs when in adequate blood supply to the different part of body.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE HEART DISEASES?
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) – Electrocardiogram is the technique which uses the electrical signals to find out the variation of heart beats.
- Holter monitoring – This method is used to find out the heart irregularities which are not detected by electrocardiogram.
- Echocardiogram - With the help of this technique ultrasound of chest is taken to observe images and structure of heart.
- Cardiac catheterization -In this method a tube is inserted into the artery or vein through leg or arm. A dye is injected into the tube and pressure on heart is measured. By this method X- rays images are formed on screen which helps to observe the complication in various parts of blood vessels and valves.
- CT scan –It is the cardiac computerized tomography. In this method, patient is lie on table inside a machine which contains X ray tube, which helps to get the images of all the parts of heart and chest.
- MRI (Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging) -In this method, magnetic field produces the images of heart structures.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF HEART DISEASES ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA?
Accroding to ayurveda, cause of heart problem is due to dhamani praticaya and dhamani kathinaya which are the complications in the arteries. Vata dosha is responsible for heart diseases. With the help of various herbs in Ayurveda, healthy diet and exercises the chances of cardiovascular diseases can be cured.
DIET RECOMNEDATION FOR HEART DISEASES
Fruit and vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins. Here is the list of fruits and vegetables which should be taken and avoided.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES TO BE TAKEN
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES TO BE IGNORED
· Fresh vegetables and fruit should be preferred.
· Canned vegetables which have low sodium content.
· Canned foods which are packed in juice or water can be taken.
· Vegetables with creamy sauces should be avoided.
· Canned foods which are packed in heavy syrup must be avoided.
· Avoid poultry and fish foods.
· Whole grains should be included in the diet as they are rich in fiber and help to maintain the good heart health.
WHOLE GRAIN SHOULD BE TAKEN
WHOLE GRAIN TO BE AVOIDED
· Brown rice and barley.
· Whole grain pasta.
· Oat meal.
· Whole wheat flour.
· White bread.
· Egg noodles.
· Frozen waffles.
Heart diseases can be controlled by limiting the use of saturated and Trans fats. So by doing so the level of blood cholesterol is maintained.