AYURVEDIC CARE OF AMYLOIDOSIS
WHAT IS AMYLOIDOSIS?
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases that occurs when a substance called amyloid builds up in your organs. Amyloid is an abnormal protein that is produced in your bone marrow and can be deposited in various tissue or organ of the body. There are over 30 different amyloid proteins. Each amyloid protein is arranged in a structure called a fibril. Fibrils are low molecular weight proteins that are derived from precursor proteins. Fibrils of amyloid can float in the plasma of blood and deposit into tissues of the body. Amyloidosis condition is affecting fewer than 4,000 people in the United States each year), but it can be fatal.
There are three major forms of amyloidosis:
- Primary amyloidosis, which is the most common. It occurs without another associated disease and most often affects the heart, lungs, skin, tongue, nerves and intestines.
- Secondary or acquired amyloidosis, which is associated with chronic diseases, such as tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis or osteomyelitis. It most often affects the kidneys, spleen, liver and intestines. If the underlying disease is treated, this form of amyloidosis will go away.
- Hereditary amyloidosis, which runs in families. This type often affects the nervous and digestive systems.
SYMPTOMS OF AMYLOIDOSIS
THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF THIS DISORDER ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Swelling of your ankles and legs
- An enlarged liver
- Severe fatigue and weakness
- An enlarged tongue (macroglossia)
- Shortness of breath
- An irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Loss of weight
- Diarrhea alternating with constipation
- Dizziness or feeling faint
Causes of Amyloidosis
In general, amyloidosis is caused by the buildup of an abnormal protein called amyloid. Amyloid is produced in your bone marrow and can be deposited in any tissue or organ. The specific cause of your condition depends on the type of amyloidosis you have.
Risk Factors of Amyloidosis
Anyone can develop amyloidosis. Factors that increase your risk include:
- Age Most people diagnosed with AL amyloidosis, the most common type, are between ages 60 and 70, although earlier onset occurs.
- Sex Nearly 70 percent of people with AL amyloidosis are men.
- Other diseases Having a chronic infectious or inflammatory disease increases your risk of AA amyloidosis.
- Family history Some types of amyloidosis are hereditary.
- Kidney dialysis Dialysis can't always remove large proteins from the blood. If you're on dialysis, abnormal proteins can build up in your blood and eventually be deposited in tissue. This condition is less common with modern dialysis techniques.
- Race People of African descent appear to be at higher risk of carrying a genetic mutation associated with the type of amyloidosis that can harm the heart.
Herbal Remedies for Amyloidosis By Dhanvantary
As per Ayurveda, Amyloidosis is caused by vitiation of kapha. This reason again blockage of channels ( strotovrodha) along with immunoglobulins and affects organs to impair functions.
Ayurveda has a lot to give and being a boon to mankind it has a number of herbs which has positive effects towards this disease called amyloidosis. Herbs like ashwagandha, methi, haridra etc such properties which help to resolve the accumulated protein and penetrates deep to improve cells normal functions.
Dhanvantary Bioscience provides herbal remedies likes Moringa Capsule to deal with amyloidosis. It is 100% Organic and Natural.