AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF FIBROIDS
Fibroids are tumors in female reproductive system. They are generally non cancerous and irregular growth in the women's uterus.
TYPES OF FIBROIDS
- Intramural fibroids – Intramural fibroids occur under the lining of uterus. They may result in the spreading of womb.
- Subserosal fibroids – These fibroids form outside uterus and womb appears sizable on one side.
- Pedunculated fibroids – In pedunculated fibroids, a base is formed which helps in supporting tumour.
- Submucosal fibroids – These tumors are uncommon and occur due to the problem of heavy periods.
- Cervical fibroids – These tumors occur in the cervix.
MAIN CAUSES OF FIBROIDS
- Hormones – Hormones can be major cause of fibroids. Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones which reconstruct lining of uterine which trigger the growth of fibroids
- Pregnancy – During pregnancy there are elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body so fibroids have accelerated growth.
- Genetic factors – Genetic factors are responsible for fibroid formation.
MAJOR SYMPTOMS OF FIBROID CAUSE
- Heavy menstrual cycles.
- Complications in pregnancy.
- Pain in pelvic area.
- Frequent urination.
- Pressure is imposed on rectal so problem of constipation can occur.
- Due to blood loss anemia occurs.
- Pain in legs and back.
- Due to the changes in the lining of uterus, infertility may occur in women.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE FIBROIDS?
- Blood tests – These tests are done to diagnose fibroids. Because due to heavy menstrual cycles there is problem of anemia in women.
- Ultrasound –It is the technique in which sound wave are used to form the images of reproductive organs of body. Ultrasound is done through vagina and internal structures of uterus are observed to check out the fibroids.
- X –ray – This technique is used for the monitoring of the internal structures of reproductive system.
- Magnetic resonance imaging – With the help of MRI, images of uterus and ovaries are formed to check out complications.
- Biopsy –In this procedure, a small tissue is removed from uterus for diagnostic purpose.
CAUSE OF FIBROID ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
According to ayurveda fibroid occurs due to the aggravation of the kapha, pitta and vata. Due to the imbalance of these three energies the problem of fibroid occurs. Fibroids are the over growth in uterus. With the help of yoga and various herbs like aloe vera, guggul, varuna and kanchara we can treat this disease.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR FIBROID
All Medicine are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Vitamin E rich foods should be included in the diet like almonds, dried apricot and hazelnuts.
- Vegetables like turnip, radish, broccoli and cabbage are required in the diet which has properties to control elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body.
- Garlic, beets and carrot are some foods that are useful in breast fibroids.
- Drinking plenty of water helps in the detoxification of blood from the body.
- Include low fat foods in the diet.
- High fat food should be avoided.
- Avoid the soy products.
- One who is suffering from uterine fibroid should avoid meat and poultry product.
- Artificial sweeteners should be avoided.