Ayurvedic Care of Dyshidrotic Eczema
What is Dyshidrotic Eczema?
Dyshidrotic eczema is a common type of dermatitis that causes small, fluid-filled and itchy
blisters on the fingers, toes, palms, and soles of the feet. This blisters will last upto three weeks. After the dryness of this blisters, your skin look scaly.
Teenagers and adults ages 20 to 40 are mostly affected by this type of dermatitis. Dyshidrosis can be acute, recurrent, or chronic type.
Causes of Dyshidrotic Eczema
Several things can set off dyshidrotic eczema, including:
- High stress levels
- Seasonal allergies
- Contact with metals like nickel, cobalt, or chromium salts on your job or
from things like wearing costume jewelry can cause the blisters also.
- Sweaty or wet hands and feet
- Staying in water for too long
- Warm, humid weather
- Certain treatments for a weak immune system (immunoglobulin)
Signs & Symptoms of Dyshidrotic Eczema
Dyshidrotic eczema causes itchy and painful blisters to appear on a person's hands or feet.
Symptoms of Dyshidrotic Eczema include:
- Small blisters on the soles of the feet
- Small blisters on the palms or side of the fingers
- Sweating around the blisters
- An itching or burning feeling around the blisters
Risk Factors of Dyshidrotic Eczema
Some Common risk factors for dyshidrotic include:
- A genetic history of dyshidrotic eczema
- Some people with Atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis may develop
- An increase in outdoor temperatures during the spring or summer
- Emotional or physical stress may develop dyshidrotic eczema
- Jobs or hobbies that involve having wet hands or feet for long periods of
Prevention of Dyshidrotic Eczema
There is no exact cause for dyshidrotic eczema. Ways to prevent dyshidrotic eczema include:
- Regular use of moisturizer after getting out of the shower or bath. This can prevent skin to dry and maintain moisture.
- Cloths made with soft cotton fibers best to wear. Avoid wool clothes which are non-breathable or over scratches.
- Refraining from scratching or itching, as this can break the skin and worsen the condition.
- Reduce contact with pet dander and pollen. clearing pets with dander-reducing pet shampoos may reduce allergy-related flare-ups. These shampoos can easily buy at online.
- When the air is cold and dry, try to use humidifier which adds moisture to your skin and protects the skin from drying out. It also available online.
Complications of Dyshidrotic Eczema
For most people with dyshidrosis, it's just an itchy inconvenience. For others, the pain and itching may limit the use of their hands or feet. Intense scratching can increase the risk of a bacterial infection developing in the affected skin.
Ayurveda in Dyshidrotic Eczema
As per Ayurveda, dyshidrotic eczema may occur due to poor diet and lifestyle which impairs digestion and aggravates Pitta dosha. Pitta shows up in the skin as blisters and breakouts due to the accumulation of internally heating toxins called ama. When these toxins enter the deeper layers of the bodily tissues they contaminate them to cause this condition. Imbalance of the other doshas can also cause eczema.
Herbal Remedies For Dyshidrotic Eczema By Dhanvantary
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies like for the treatment of Dyshidrotic Eczema. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the
principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and
preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.