Ayurvedic Care Of Dermatitis
What is Dermatitis?
Dermatitis is a general term used to describe inflammation of the skin. It is a common condition
that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritating substances. Dermatitis occurs in many forms such as itchy, dry skin or a rash on swollen, reddened skin.
Dermatitis cause the skin to blister, ooze, crust or flake off. Atopic dermatitis (eczema), Dandruff and Contact dermatitis are the example of this condition.
Some types of dermatitis can last a long time, while others may flare up, depending on the season, what you’re exposed to, or stress. Certain types of dermatitis
are more common in children, and others are more common in adults.
What are the Types?
There are many types of dermatitis. Below are the most common:
- Atopic Dermatitis (eczema): It is a type of dermatitis known as
eczema. This skin condition is occurs and inherited during infancy. Rough patches of dry, itchy skin are the main symptoms of this.
- Contact Dermatitis: This skin condition generally occurs by
contact with a substance or allergy, that causes an allergic reaction or irritation. These reactions candevelop further into rashes that burn, sting, itch, or
- Dyshidrotic Dermatitis: This type of dermatitis occurs mainly on
the feet and hands. It is an irritation of the skin on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. This often accompanied by small blisters.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: It is the most common type of skin
condition on scalp, also known as cradle cap. It can also occur on the face and chest. Due to this dermatitis scaly patches, red skin, and dandruff symptoms are found
Some other types of dermatitis include:
- Neuro Dermatitis: This type causes itchy patches of skin on the
head, forearms, wrists, and lower legs. It is caused by stress or localized itch, such as an insect bite.
- Nummular Dermatitis: This type causes oval or circular patches
on the skin that occur after a skin injury.
- Stasis Dermatitis: This type involves skin irritation of the
lower leg due to poor blood circulation.
Causes Of Dermatitis
Exact cause of dermatitis unknown, though mild to severe rashes can cause the following skin conditions, depending on their cause:
- Painful ulcers
Symptoms Of Dermatitis
The symptoms of dermatitis can vary, depending on the age of the person with the condition. Range From mild to severe, all type of dermatitis have some common
- Rashes on the scalp and cheeks
- Rashes usually bubble up before leaking fluid.
- Bumpy and lighten or darken rashes
- Dry, cracked skin
- Rashes can be permanently itchy.
- Rashes can lead to skin infections.
- Painful skin, with stinging or burning
Risk Factors of Dermatitis
Common risk factors that increase your chances of getting dermatitis include:
- Age: symptoms of dermatitis can occur at any age, but atopic
dermatitis (eczema) generally begins in infancy.
- Allergies and Asthma: If Someone in your family already affected
of allergies, hay fever or asthma, you risk of develop atopic dermatitis increased.
- Health conditions: Health issues like Congestive heart failure,
Parkinson's disease and HIV/AIDS put you at increased risk of seborrheic dermatitis.
- The environment
Ayurvedic View For Dermatitis
As per Ayurveda, Dermatitis and psoriasis are a result of too much fire, or Pitta, in the mind-body. The excess Pitta inside the body manifests toxins on the skin which result in the itchy flare-ups associated with eczema and psoriasis.
Herbal Remedies For Dermatitis
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies like NEEM POWER TABLET, ALOEVERA GEL, ALOEVERA JUICE for the treatment of Dermatitis. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.