Herbal Treatment Of Dementia
Dementia describes a set of symptoms that may include loss in memory and difficulties with
thinking, problem-solving or language. It happens when the parts of the brain used for learning, memory, decision making, and language are damaged by diseases, such as
Alzheimer’s disease or a series of strokes. Dementia mainly caused by Alzheimer's disease.
People having dementia cannot control their emotions and their personality also change. Dementia ranges in severity from the mildest stage, when it is just
beginning to affect a person's functioning, to the most severe stage, when the person must depend completely on others for basic activities of living.
Types of Dementia
Various disorders and factors contribute to the development of dementia. There are several types of dementia, including:
- Alzheimer's Disease Alzheimer's disease is characterized by
"plaques" between the dying cells in the brain and "tangles" within the cells (both are due to protein abnormalities). The brain tissue in a person with Alzheimer'shas
progressively fewer nerve cells and connections, and the total brain size shrinks.
- Dementia with Lewy bodies is a neurodegenerative condition
linked to abnormal structures in the brain. The brain changes involve a protein called alpha-synuclein.
- Mixed dementia refers to a diagnosis of two or three types
occurring together. For instance, a person may show both Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia at the same time.
- Parkinson's disease is also marked by the presence of Lewy
bodies. Although Parkinson's is often considered a disorder of movement, it can also lead to dementia symptoms.
- Huntington's disease is characterized by specific types of
uncontrolled movements but also includes dementia.
Causes Of Dementia
Dementia is mainly caused by damage to brain cells. Other causes of dementia include:
- Vascular cognitive impairment
- Alzheimer's disease
- Dementia with Lewy bodies
- Parkinson’s disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Huntington’s disease
- Traumatic brain injury
Symptoms Of Dementia
Dementia symptoms can vary depending on the cause, but some common signs and symptoms include:
- Recent memory loss - a sign of this might be asking the same
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks - for example, making a
drink or cooking a meal.
- Problems communicating - difficulty with language; forgetting
simple words or using the wrong ones.
- Disorientation - getting lost on a previously familiar street,
- Problems with abstract thinking - for instance, dealing with
- Misplacing things - forgetting the location of everyday items
such as keys, or wallets, for example.
- Mood changes - sudden and unexplained changes in outlook or
- Personality changes - perhaps becoming irritable, suspicious or
- Loss of initiative - showing less interest in starting something
or going somewhere.
Risk factors for dementia include:
- Family history
- Heavy alcohol use
- Hardening of the arteries
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Herbal Remedies For Dementia By Dhanvantary
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies like Brahmi Tablet for the treatment of Dementia. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the principles
of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These
are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Dementia Care Pack
|| 1 Capsule
||1 dose twice daily.
|| 1 Tablet
|| 1 Tablet
|TRESS-Act Capsule or DBS BRAMBI AMRIT Syrup(for children)
|| 2 Capsule/2 TSF
||At Bed time