HERBAL TREATMENT OF CYSTITIS
Cystitis is the medical term used for inflammation of the bladder, caused by a bladder infection. It's a fairly common lower urinary tract infection, particularly in women. Most of the time, the inflammation is caused by a urinary tract infection. A UTI happens when bacteria enter the bladder or urethra and begin to multiply. A bladder infection can be painful and annoying, and it can become a serious health problem if the infection spreads to your kidneys.
Cystitis may occur from certain medicines and hygiene products such as feminine hygiene spray, spermicidal jellies or long-term use of a catheter.
TYPES OF CYSTITIS
Cystitis can be either acute or interstitial. Acute cystitis occurs suddenly. Interstitial cystitis is a chronic or long-term case of cystitis affects multiple layers of bladder tissue.The cause of cystitis determines the type. The following are types of cystitis:
- Bacterial Cystitis: Bacterial cystitis occurs when bacteria outside the body enter your urethra or bladder and cause an infection. Most cases of cystitis are caused by a type of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria.
- Drug-induced Cystitis: Certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs cyclophosphamide and ifosfamide, can cause your bladder to become inflamed. Medicines pass through your body, and eventually exit through your urinary system. Some medications can irritate your bladder as they exit your body.
- Radiation Cystitis: Radiation treatment of the pelvic area can cause inflammatory changes in bladder tissue.
- Foreign Body Cystitis: Long-term use of a catheter can increase your risk of bacterial infection and damage tissues in the urinary tract. Both bacteria and damaged tissues can cause inflammation.
- Chemical Cystitis: Certain hygiene products such as bubble bath, feminine hygiene sprays or spermicidal jellies can irritate your bladder, causing inflammation.
CAUSES OF CYSTITIS
The type of cystitis depends on its cause. Possible causes of cystitis include:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- A problem with bladder tissue lets things in your pee irritate your bladder.
- Inflammation causes your body to release chemicals that cause symptoms.
- Taking certain drugs
- Exposure to radiation
- Ongoing use of a catheter
- Irritating hygiene products
- Something in your urine damages your bladder.
SYMPTOMS OF CYSTITIS
Symptoms of cystitis can include:
- A strong, persistent urge to urinate
- Cloudy or strong-smelling urine
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Bladder pressure and pain that gets worse as your bladder fills up.
- For women, pain in the vulva, vagina, or the area behind the vagina
- The need to pee often (more than the normal 7-8 times daily)
- Pain low down in your tummy
- Feeling generally unwell, achy, sick and tired
- A low fever if in combination with a UTI
- Blood in your urine
- Pain during sexual intercourse
CAUSE OF CYSTITIS IN AYURVEDA
The elimination of urine is considered as a function of Apana Vayu and any disturbance in Apana Vayu causes issues with urinary functions. Ayurveda refers to this condition as mootrakruchhra which is classified on the basis of the dosha (biohumor) that causes it the condition to expresses itself differently.
The line of treatment for mootrakruchhra involves the removal of infection with internal detoxification, cleaning and removing any blockages in the urinary tract combined with herbs to tone the kidneys.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR CYSTITIS BY DHANVANTARY
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies for the treatment of Cystitis. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the
principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and
preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.