Herbal Treatment Of Bulged Disc
Bulging disc disease is an age-related disease where disks sit between the individual bones (vertebrae) that stack to make your spine. The discs are like shock absorbers between the vertebrae, or bones, of your spine. They help the back to stay flexible while resisting forces. As a normal process of aging, they can show signs of wear and tear.
A bulging disc can commonly be referred to as a slipped disc or a protruding disc. However, when the disc bulge is significant enough for the disc nucleus to come out of the annulus, it is known as a herniated disc.
What Causes Bulged Disc Disease?
Several factors can cause discs to degenerate, including age. Specific factors include:
- A pre-existing weakness in the annulus.
- The drying out of the disc. As we get older, the disc dries out and failed to absorb shocks as well.
- A sudden increase in pressure through the disc causing fibres of the annulus to tear.
- Daily activities and sports can cause tears in the outer core of the disc
- Injuries which can cause swelling, soreness and instability.
Symptoms Of Bulged Disc Disease
Symptoms are most commonly concentrated in the low back or neck, depending on where the degenerated disc(s) are. Common symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain that is worse when sitting. While seated, the discs of the lower back have three times more load on them than when standing.
- Pain that gets worse when bending, lifting or twisting
- Pain that lessens when walking and moving
- Pain in the neck that may radiate to the arms and hands
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities.
- Weakness in the leg muscles or foot drop, a possible sign of damage to the nerve root.
- Pain that ranges from nagging to severe and disabling
- Pain that lessens with changing positions often or lying down
- Pain that affects the low back, buttocks and thighs
- Periods of severe pain that come and go, lasting from a few days to a few months
Age is the biggest risk factor, but some other factors that can speed up the process of Bulged Disc include:
- Strenuous physical work
- Tobacco smoking
- An acute or sudden injury, such as a fall
- Degenerative disc pain can start when a major or minor injury leads to sudden and unexpected back pain, or it can present as a slight back pain that gets worse over time.
How Bulged Disc Diagnosed?
The doctor will ask about your medical history and your symptoms. He may ask you:
- Which part of your spine hurts
- If it has spread to other parts of your body
- When the pain started
- If you've had past spine injuries
- If you have a family history of similar problems
- He'll look at your spine for signs of the condition, like pain in your lower back or neck. He may also ask you to walk or bend to see which movements cause pain.
Bulged Disc According To Ayurveda
Ayurvedic treatments can help patients to avoid surgery. Ayurvedic medications comprising of herbal decoctions, tablets, capsules and oils for external application are very effective in providing relief in patients with mild to moderate problems.
Ayurvedic Remedies For Blood Disorders
Dhanvantary offers some herbal remedies for the treatment of Blood Disorders. Regular uses of Herbal Remedies like BON-ACT CAPSULE for Bulged Disc. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.