AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
In this modish world people have all the luxuries like good food, shelter to live, money and many more things which makes our life more relaxed and easy going. But when it comes to health, it is miserable that health issues are also increased despite decreasing. Our life style, improper eating habits and other various factors which lead to health complications. One of them is the swollen lymph nodes.
WHAT ARE LYMPH NODES?
Lymph nodes are called as lymph glands and the integral part of immune system. They are present all over the body but more prominent in neck regions, groin, chin, behind ears and armpits. Lymph nodes are visible when they are enlarged or swollen. Major causes of swollen lymph nodes problems are due to infections like bacteria, viruses and parasites. There are varieties of infections, injury or tumor which are responsible for swollen lymph nodes.
CAUSES OF SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
- Streptococcus (Bacteria) infections in throat.
- Infections in ear.
- Tooth infections.
- Suppressed immune system due to HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) which results in AIDS.
- Viral infections by paramyxovirus that cause measles.
- Skin infections (Cellulitis).
- Syphilis which is a sexually transmitted disease.
- Lupus it is the condition when body's immune system start attacking body's joints and blood cells.
- Parasitic infections (Toxoplasmosis) can also be the cause of swollen lymph nodes.
- Cancer of immune cells.
- Cancer of lymphatic system (Leukemia).
- Some medications.
SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
- Pain in lymph nodes.
- Enlargement of lymph nodes.
- Fever, runny nose, fever and infections of upper respiratory tracts.
- Immune system complications like mononulceosis, HIV and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Hard lymph nodes indicates tumor.
DIAGNOSTIC MEASURES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
- Medical history -Doctor study the patient's medical history. Doctor tries to know that when the swollen lymph nodes developed and symptoms associated with them.
- Physical examination –Doctor observes the lymph nodes on the surface of skin which helps to diagnose the under beneath causes of problem.
- Blood tests – Blood tests are done to detect the infections caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites.
- X – Ray and CT (computerized tomography) is used to identify the affected regions.
- Lymph node biopsy is also done for diagnostic purposes.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN AYURVEDA?
In Ayurveda swollen lymph nodes are due to bacterial infections, viral infections, parasites and compressed immune system. Various herbs are present in Ayurveda which help to strength the immune system. With the help of proper eating habits and lymph massage therapy one can get rid of swollen lymph node problems.
It happens in the most of cases that people take health issues very casually until it turns into a serious health hazards. It is advised to the patients that they must consult the doctors if enlarged lymph nodes are not cured and new one are also developed. Do visit your doctor if lymph node size is more than 2 centimeters.