Ayurvedic Treatment Of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Woman's ovaries contain many eggs, called ova. One egg matures and gets released every cycle which is known as ovulation. After ovulation, estrogen and progesterone hormones are released in the premenstrual phase of the cycle so that lining of the uterus gets stimulated and it get ready for pregnancy. If pregnancy does not take place, lining gets shed and periods begin.
What Is PMS Or Pre Menstrual Syndrome?
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome Is recognized by a number of symptoms related to the menstrual cycle. No definite causes are defined behind it and symptoms go by itself after menstruation. PMS starts usually 1 to 2 weeks before monthly bleeding begins. Symptoms vary for each woman and for some, PMS is just monthly bother and for some it is very severe to handle.
What Are Various Symptoms Of PMS?
PMS is a complex condition that involves both physical and emotional symptoms. It is very common among women in their late 20s and late 40s and also in childbearing age.
- Severe abdominal pain or cramps
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Tender and swollen breasts
- Increased appetite and food craving
- Mood swing
- Difficulty in concentration
- Memory lapse
- Insomnia or excessive sleep
- Increased sensitivity for light, sound and touch.
What Are Causes Behind PMS?
Severe factors may involve though causes are not clear that how PMS develops in some women.
CAUSES MAY BE RELATED TO:-
- Biological, cultural, social or psychological.
- Hormones imbalance including oestrogens excess, progesterone deficiency.
- Low levels of vitamins (B6) and minerals.
- Stress, depression or emotional issues.
- Having excess salty and spicy food items that causes to remain with fluid
- Intake of caffeine or alcohol in excess.
Examinations And Tests
THERE ARE NO SPECIFIC TESTS AND DIAGNOSTIC METHODS FOR PMS BUT FOLLOWING ARE REALLY HELPFUL TO RULE OUT CONDITION:-
- Medical history about signs and symptoms.
- Physical examination including PV (pelvic examination)
Herbal Remedies For Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Diet And Lifestyle
- Have a balanced diet including vegetables, whole grains, fruits and very less salt intake.
- Try to have small frequent meals instead heavy 2 or 3 meals.
- Drink- plenty of fluids including water, Fruits fresh juices and avoid - alcohol, soft drinks, alcohol.
- Exercise must be a part of daily routine.
- Sleep habits must be proper.
Why dhanvantary's Products Are Unique?
- We use standardized extracts of best quality herb to formulate our products so that we give our best to people across the world.
- We use pure vegetarian capsules made from plant cellulose and do not contain hard gelatin which is low in cost and made from cow cartilage, chemicals or pig intestines.
- We fill 500 mg pure extracts of herbs in our vegetarian capsule shell while many other manufacturers use 250 mg herbal extracts or raw herb powder along.
- Cost of raw herb is very less where as pure extracts are 10 times more than raw material. As our herbal products are with standardized extracts still are available at very reasonable price.
- Our products are free from any chemical, added color or preservative.
- All our products undergo quality, quantity and potency check before they reach to customers/patients.