Herbal Remedies For Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a problem related with lungs. It is a lung infection that can happen in one or both the lungs. Pneumonia leads to inflammation in the air sacs called alveoli further causing the formation of fluid or puss causing difficulty in breathing. The exact cause of pneumonia is still not known. Hereditary factors are believed to play a role in the development of the condition. Moreover, Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia often develops in various diseases, including HIV, diseases resulting from reactions to certain medications, diseases which affect the body's structural tissues (connective tissue disorders) and several other conditions.
TYPES OF PNEUMONIA
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia - This develops mostly in winters due to environmental factors.
- Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia - This gets developed when a person is ill and is hospitalized or is under medical care. The chances of risk increases when the person is on ventilator for respiratory support. This can be caused in places such as outpatient clinics, nursing homes and kidney dialysis.
SOME OTHER TYPES:
- Lobar pneumonia (an inflammation of one lobe of a lung that involves every airspace in a single lobe).
- Bronchopneumonia (scattered, patchy infiltrates of inflammation in the air sacs throughout the lungs). It is more diffuse than lobar pneumonia.
- Lipoid pneumonia (caused by accumulation of fats in the airspace mainly caused due to aspiration of oils or airway obstruction.
Causes Of Pneumonia
The most common cause of pneumonia is bacteria, virus, and fungi (influenza and respiratory syncytial virus).
Symptoms Of Pneumonia
- Shortness of breath
- Sun sensitive rash
- Dry eyes
- Dryness of mouth
- Hair loss
- Oral ulcers
Risk Factors Of Pneumonia
- A weak immune system
- Coughing problems
- Stroke may occur
- Brain injury
- Being a patient in an intensive-care unit of a hospital, particularly patients on ventilator support
- Cigarette smoking
The factors stated above can increase the risk for this problem.