Herbal Remedies For Multiple Sclerosis
About Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis occurs when the immune system starts destroying myelin. Myelin is a fatty substance that protects nerve fibers in the brain and spinal cord. Multiple sclerosis affects the central nervous system. This problem is usually diagnosed between the ages of 20 to 50 years. It is studied that this problem is more seen in women than in men. Due to this problem, the electrical impulse does not flow smoothly to the target nerve and as a result the messaged from the brain to the muscles cannot be transmitted.
Type Of Multiple Sclerosis
- CIS - The start stage when it lasts for 24 hour long.
- RRMS - This is the most common and the person starts getting attack.
- PPMS - This is the worst type when the symptoms get worsen.
- SPMS - This is the second stage when the disease starts to progress after the initial stage.
Causes Of Multiple Sclerosis
The cause is still unknown but it is said that this particular problem happens when the body's immune system starts attacking its own tissues.
Symptoms Of Multiple Sclerosis
- Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs that happens in one side of the body.
- Problem with bowel and bladder function
- Tingling or pain in various body parts
- Prolonged double version
- Partial or complete loss of vision, usually in one eye at a time often with pain during eye movement.
- Loss of sensitivity
- Acute chronic pain
- Slurred speech