Natural Treatment Of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Hypertension is also commonly known as high blood pressure. It is the medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated. Blood pressure is determined by the amount of blood the heart pumps and the amount of resistance to blood flow in the arteries. Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases the serious health problems, including heart attack and stroke.
What Are The Different Types Of The Hypertension?
- Primary hypertension: It is also called essential hypertension. It tends to develop gradually over many years.
- Secondary hypertension: Some people have hypertension due to sleep apnea, obesity, thyroid problem, and certain drugs like non contraceptive pills. This type of blood pressure is known as secondary hypertension. It tends to appear suddenly.
- Gestational hypertension: High blood pressure may occur in 8-10% females during pregnancy. If two readings of the blood pressure in six hours, are more than 140/90 mm/Hg then the pregnant woman is diagnosed with the gestational hypertension. Gestational hypertension can be classified as pre-existing hypertension, gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia.
Pre-eclampsia is a serious condition, which is characterized by increase in blood pressure and the presence of protein in urine. It mainly occurs in the second half of the pregnancy. The symptoms of the pre-eclampsia are headache, vomiting and swelling. It can be progressed into the life threatening condition called eclampsia.
What Are The Symptoms Of The Hypertension?
- Headache (at the back of head in the morning)
- Fainting episodes
What Can Be The Risk Factors For The Hypertension?
- Age: The risk of blood pressure increases with age. In males, around 45 years age is more common and in females it is around 65 years.
- Sex: Males are more sufferer than females.
- Hereditary: High blood pressure tends to run in families.
- Obesity: When a person is obese, the requirement of the blood and oxygen supply increases. As the volume of the blood circulated through the blood vessels, it will automatically increase the pressure on the artery walls.
- Excessive use of tobacco: chewing of tobacco or smoking, will cause narrowing of the blood vessels and hence increase the blood pressure.
- Excessive use of alcohol:Excess use of alcohol, may damage the heart.
- Excess of salt in the diet: Excess of salt increase the fluid retain in the body, which leads to increase in blood pressure.
- Deficiency of vitamin D: Vitamin D may affect an enzyme produced by the kidney that affects the blood pressure.
- Stress:High stress level may increase the blood pressure temporarily.
- Certain chronic conditions: Kidney disease, diabetes and apnea these are the certain conditions which causes hypertension.
- Stress and anxiety: One of the major causes of the high blood pressure now a days.
What Can Be The Complications Of The Hypertension?
- Heart stroke: High blood pressure can cause hardening and thickening of the arteries, which can lead to heart stroke and other complications.
- Aneurysm: High blood pressure level can cause blood vessels to weaken and bulge, forming an aneurysm.
- Heart failure: Heart muscles may become thickened, when these muscles pump blood against the higher pressure in the arteries. The thickened muscles may have a hard time to meet body's need, which can lead to heart failure.
- Metabolic syndrome: The metabolic syndrome is the group of disorders, including high triglycerides, low high density lipo-protein, high blood pressure and high insulin level.
How To Diagnose The Hypertension?
- By Examining the blood pressure
- A blood pressure reading normally in millimeters of mercury (mm hg).
- Normal blood pressure: systolic 90-110 mm/Hg, diastolic 60-79 mm/Hg
- High blood pressure: systolic 120-139 mm/Hg, diastolic 80-89 mm/Hg
- During pregnancy, one examination if two blood pressure readings within six hours are more than normal blood pressure and presence of proteins in the urine.
Herbal Remedies For Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Dhanvantary products are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Lifestyle And Home Remedies
- One should take salt restricted diet
- One should do physical exercise
- One should decrease the body weight
- One should reduce the stress
- One can drink a cup of warm water with the juice from ½ lemon added to it.
- Grind equal quantities of dried watermelon seeds and poppy seeds (Khus khus). Take 1 tsp of this mixture in the morning on the empty stomach and again in the evening.
- Eat one or two garlic clove in a day.