Natural Treatment Of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia derives from Latin word, fibro means "fibrous tissue", Greek word Myo means "muscles" and algos an Greek word means "pain" thus the term literally meaning is "muscle and connective tissue pain".
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized with musculoskeletal pain accompanied by the sleep, fatigue, memory and mood issues. Women are more sufferer of fibromyalgia than men. There is no cure for this disorder, but can be controlled by medications.
Researchers believe that in fibromyalgia, there is a severe painful sensation by affecting the way by which brain processes pain signals. The repeated nerve stimulation causes the brain of people with fibromyalgia to change. This involves an abnormal increase in levels of certain chemicals in the brain that signal pain.
According to Ayurveda, fibromyalgia is a Mamsa dhatugat (muscular tissue based) and mamsavrut Vata (muscular issues affected by the vata dosha). The body consist of three humors (Vata, Pitta and kapha). This disorder is caused by the aggravation of the vata dosha in the body. Aggravated Vata destabilize the nervous system and can create the hypersensitivity, hence leading to pain and tenderness. There is also the accumulation of the Ama (toxins) which blocks the body channels which can also be another cause of fibromyalgia.
What Can Be The Symptoms Of The Fibromyalgia?
- Fibromyalgia is characterized sized by a constant dull ache that has lasted for at least three months. In this pain is considered to be widespread. The pain occurs on both sides of the body, above and below the waist.
- People with fibromyalgia often awakened tired, they are not able to sleep properly due to pain.
- A symptom commonly referred to as "fibro fog" impairs the ability to focus, pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks.
- People may experience headache, depression and pain in the lower abdomen along with Fibromyalgia.
What Can Be The Causes Of Fibromyalgia To Happen?
- Physical or emotional trauma
What Can Be The Risk Factor Of The Fibromyalgia?
- Family history
- Rheumatic disease
What Can Be The Complications Of The Fibromyalgia?
- Health related anxiety
How To Diagnose The Disease Fibromyalgia?
Diagnose can be made if a person has a widespread pain more than three months. Blood tests which are helpful in diagnosis are as follows:
- CBC (Complete blood count)
- ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
- TSH (Thyroid functioning test)
Herbal Remedies For Fibromyalgia By dhanvantary
Dhanvantary are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- One should avoid over exertion and stress level.
- One should try stress management techniques like meditation or deep breathing exercise.
- One should make routine of going to bed or getting up the same time each day and try to avoid short nap in the during day time.
- One should do exercise daily like walking, aerobics, swimming or biking.
- One should have healthy and balanced diet.
- One should avoid additives like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame
- One should avoid tea or coffee.
- One should take food high in vitamin D such as fish, mushrooms, and cheese and egg yolks and sit in the sunlight to get natural vitamin D.