AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF PROSTATITIS
Prostatitis is male reproductive health complication. It has become serious men health issue and results in the various complications like prostate cancer and infertility. This problem is manageable in Ayurveda, there are various herbs which can manage prostatitis in a natural way. Ayurveda is a holistic approach for the treatment of diseases which diminishes the diseases from root without any side effects.
Prostatitis is a male reproductive health complication which is defined as an infection and inflammation of prostate glands. Prostate glands are present below the man's urinary bladder and helps in the formation of fluid for semen. Escherichia coli and other gram negative bacteria are responsible for these prostate infections.
SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH PROSTATITIS
- Frequent urge for urination.
- Burning sensation while urinating.
- Pain during ejaculation.
- Bleeding or pus in urine.
- Pain in genitals, pelvis, lower back and buttocks.
- Fever and chills occur in the severe cases.
- Pain on the tip of penis.
CAUSES OF PROSTATITIS
Bacterial infections - In the case of acute prostatitis, one can feel fever which may be caused by bacteria.
OTHER CAUSES MAY INCLUDE:-
- Auto immune disorders.
- Physical injury.
- Uric acid complications.
- Nervous system disorders.
- Prostate cancer.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) which is non-cancerous growth of prostate.
- Infection caused by Candida albicans.
Don't take it lightly, because prostatitis may cause the serious health complications in men.
- Bacteremia which is bacterial infection of blood.
- Inflammation of epididymitis.
- Formation of pus filled cavity in the prostate.
- Infertility and semen abnormalities.
- Raised levels of prostate specific antigen (PSA). PSA is a protein which is produced by prostate. PSA testing is done to diagnose the prostate cancer. Because the cancerous cells produce the PSA
In Ayurevda, prostatitis is named as paurush granthi shoth. There is complaint of difficult urination due to disturbance in the function of apaanvayu.
PROSTATITIS IS COMPARED TO MOOTRAKRICHHA WHICH HAS BEEN CLASSIFIED INTO VARIOUS TYPES IN AYURVEDA:-
- Vataj mootrakrichha which is caused by imbalanced vata dosha and results in intense pain in pelvic region and difficulty in urination.
- Pittaj mootrakrichha which is caused by imbalanced pitta dosha and causes frequent, burning sensation along reddish and yellowish urine. Prostatitis is more similar to Pittaj mootrakrichha.
- Kaphaj mootrakrichha which is result of imbalanced kapha dosha which causes painful micturition due to turbid urine.
- Sannipatik mootrakrichha is the result of imbalance of all three doshas that is vata, pitta and kapha.
There are various herbs present in Ayurveda like Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Marich (Piper nigrum) and Pippali (Piper longum) etc which are quite useful to treat the prostatitis problem in males.